Legislation is moving fast and the time to make your voice heard is NOW! If you want VGTs legalized in Pennsylvania, here’s what you need to do….
Call your Senator and ask for support of House Bill 271 and Senate Bill 628.
Talking Points You Can Use:
Video gaming terminals (VGTs) are very similar to slot machines you find in a casino.
Up to five of these standalone devices could be placed in liquor licensed locations such as restaurants, bars, veteran and fraternal clubs, and various other locations.
VGTs are safe and secure.
- Each is connected to a centralized computer system that monitors all game play and ensures transparency, accountability and accurate revenue reporting.
- There will be strict oversight from the Gaming Control Board and dedicated funding to help problem gaming.
- We believe this model will put an end to the thousands of illegal VGTs that currently exist throughout PA.
Operator-based is the proven model.
- VGT Professional Operators are primarily small business owners, who service other small businesses and service organizations.
- They are a professional & knowledgeable group committed to customer service who exercise a high degree of integrity in their businesses.
- This commitment offers a relationship-building aspect that is exclusive to a VGT operator. They know that if their Location is successful, they will be successful – no matter its size.
- Simply put, individual operators care about their location owners, not just the revenue they produce.
This model delivers a “fair share” of the revenue to:
- Local Government
- Local Businesses and Service Organizations
- Professional Operators
The same operator‐based model was successfully implemented in Illinois in 2012.
In 2016, VGTs (without the participation of the City of Chicago) generated over $1 billion in total revenue, which resulted in $56 million for local government.